Losing weight is hard enough, but knowing how to lose weight and keep it off is one of the toughest battles you’ll face in your journey. At Forum Health Medical Weight Loss in Michigan, we specialize in helping patients maintain their weight loss results with highly specialized treatment plans. Additionally, we also offer weight loss coaching and nutritional guidance to help you achieve your ideal body.
When it comes to losing weight and keeping it off, changing your daily lifestyle is the most crucial element. The most important part of this lifestyle change is healthier eating habits. As important as regular exercise is, the vast majority of your weight loss battle will be fought in the kitchen. There’s a reason that the saying “you can’t outrun a bad diet” exists!
Because your appetite will likely increase as a result of your weight loss, it’s all the more essential to make healthier choices when you do eat. Obviously, this will include subbing out things like processed foods, red meat, candy, junk food, and more and replacing them with fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and foods that are high in fiber.
With that being said, we find that the best results come from subbing out unhealthy foods with healthier options that you actually enjoy. Sure, in an ideal world it would be great if you ate nothing but the recommended amount of fruits, veggies, and lean protein for every meal. But it doesn’t work like that. Many of us enjoy the occasional cheeseburger and fries, chocolate cake, or sugary drink (alcoholic or otherwise) on the weekend.
The key to weight loss maintenance isn’t to cut those things out completely, but to reduce how often you consume them. If you purposely deprive yourself of eating or drinking something you like, you’re all the more likely to crave these foods even more. Generally, we recommend following an 80/20 rule when trying to achieve weight loss maintenance.
That means that 80 percent of your meals should be healthy and stick to your eating plan, while the remaining 20 percent is reserved for eating the foods you love and crave. This balance helps you stay healthy, while still being able to indulge in your favorite meals.
Learn More About How to Lose Weight and Keep it Off—Schedule Your Consultation with Forum Health Medical Weight Loss!
When you work with Forum Health Medical Weight Loss you’ll benefit from professional weight-loss support and a plan that’s personalized to your needs. Each aspect of your diet, lifestyle, activity level, travel plans, and more will be taken into account. In addition to helping you lose weight, we can help you maintain your results with personalized weight loss maintenance sessions.
Schedule a consultation today or start by receiving a free lifestyle analysis on our website. Before you know it, you’ll be taking the first step toward a happier, healthier lifestyle!