Each person is different, and they experience different types of pain. Medication can offer effective relief for many patients suffering from this issue. Unfortunately, only 58% of people surveyed say that prescription pain medication effectively treats their symptoms.
With ketamine therapy in Novi, Rochester Hills, Clarkston, Shelby Township, and West Bloomfield at Forum Health Medical Weight Loss, we can effectively treat the symptoms associated with physical pain using ketamine infusion therapy. In terms of physical pain, there are typically four different classifications that medical professionals use to differentiate. These are:
- Acute pain, which professionals typically use to categorize short-term pain from an injury or disease. This pain usually resolves once the issues are treated directly (whether it’s from surgery, home treatment, or additional medical treatments). This type of pain typically lasts 12 weeks if the injury heals properly, making ketamine a less appropriate option in this case
- Chronic pain, which is pain that lasts even after the issue heals. It can also occur as the result of a degenerative condition to your bones, joints, tendons, and more.You can categorize chronic pain as pain that lasts for several months to years. Even after the injury fully heals, your nervous system may still send signals to the brain that there is pain present. Medical professionals call this Nociceptive pain.
- Nerve pain, which we refer to as neuropathic pain.This type of pain can occur through nerve damage which, when left untreated, can cause long-term issues.
- Localized nerve pain, which is a type of nerve pain differs from the previous category in that it’s specific to a certain area in your body. Localized nerve pain is hard to determine in terms of its origin, but it can be caused by infections or surgery.
In terms of chronic pain, which is the most common type of pain treated with ketamine therapy in Novi, we tend to see some common issues with patients. Some of the most frequent conditions we see at our clinic are migraines, fibromyalgia, and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS).
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition which affects the body’s muscles and tissues, causing consistent aching and stiffness. Pain often ranges from moderate to severe and affects different areas of the body at different times.
CRPS, meanwhile, is a rare, chronic neurological syndrome which is characterized by:
- Burning pain
- Excess sweating
- Extreme sensitivity to touch
- Joint stiffness
- Swelling of the tissues
Dealing With Chronic Pain? Schedule Your Ketamine Therapy in Novi Today!
When you work with Forum Health Medical Weight Loss, you get the benefit of dedicated and knowledgeable staff. They’ll guide you through each stage of the treatment process, offering support and expertise for your ketamine therapy in Novi, Rochester Hills, Clarkston, Shelby Township, and West Bloomfield.
We also offer a variety of other treatments designed to improve your physical and mental health. We customize each plan specifically for you, and we’ll work with you individually to overcome your unique challenges.
Whether it’s fighting chronic pain, addiction, or just improving your overall quality of life, our staff can’t wait to help you. Schedule a consultation today or use our Lifestyle Analysis Tool and take the first step toward treatment.